Welcome to the Eltham Redbacks Football Club’s 2014 Annual General Meeting.
The 2014 season has been another good year with many successes on and off the pitch and everyone needs to be congratulated.
The club continues to grow and the football program is going from strength to strength. We are well positioned to be the premier football club in the North East region with over 850 members.
The Nillumbik community has embraced the Redbacks with continued support by local businesses, schools, the council and state parliament members.
The highlights of the season for the club are as follows:
- The ongoing success of the clubs Saturday morning Spiderlings and Small Sided Games Program.
- The continued improvement in our TechFootball+ program.
- Successful campaign by both the senior women and men in the knock-out cups
- Senior men and reserves being crowned premiers for 2014. They have broken a 42 year drought and a 55 year record by winning every match of the home and away season.
- The senior women becoming runner-up in State League 2.
- The continued development of all the junior teams at all age groups.
- Further development of the girls program with teams in all age groups and 2 under 9 teams.
- The continued success of the over 45 league with 4 Eltham teams
- The continued development of our Men’s and Women’s programs and the young age of the players involved in these teams.
Off the field the committee has worked extremely hard to uphold our place in the community with supporting the annual breast cancer and prostate cancer matches by raising over $2,000. In addition the over 45s round robin tournament raised over $2,000 for the local retirement village. The social activities over the year have all proven to successful with an outstanding attendance at Trivia night.
The Nillumbik council adopted the long awaited soccer strategy which focuses on improving facilities for soccer in the Nillumbik. The strategy also earmarks the upgrade of the Eltham North facility which has been supported by the Labour party by promising $1m towards the upgrade. We are confident that the Liberal party will match the Labour party pledge.
Local businesses have embraced the Redbacks by being sponsors of the club. This year we had 10 major sponsors donating valuable funds that were reinvested into the club for many projects. I take this opportunity to personally thank all sponsors.
All the above has resulted in greater exposure for the club and in particular regular articles in the newspaper, TV and social media.
The club continues to work to its priorities that have been set in the club’s 2011 – 2016 Strategic Plan with key strategies of:
- Improve the quality, depth & diversity of the football programs
- Improve club infrastructure and access to the community
- Improve club administration and communications
- Develop a vibrant social program
In 2014 the club continued to make good progress against these strategies however there is always more work to do. The committee believes firmly in a strong integrated club and that success in junior program aids the senior programs and success in the senior programs aids the junior programs.
The continued success of the club will not only be judged by the quality of the football programs that the club rolls but also how well the club is managed and that the club provides an positive family friendly environment and that everyone feels welcome.
I am also pleased of our financial position and continued profitability. Our focus on corporate governance has assured our processes and policies are well documented and provide members the surety of a well managed club
I take this opportunity to thank all members of the 2014 Committee and without them the club would not have been the success that it was in 2014. – THANK YOU.
I also commend the commitment of the playing group and all those parents who get the players to training and to games and to those partners that are football widows or widowers during the season – THANK YOU.
Special thanks go to all the volunteers – coaches, team managers, committee, canteen staff and our duty manager. Without their support and ongoing commitment, the club would not have progressed as it has over the last 5 year.
I wish you all the best for the remainder of 2014 and I look forward to be your President in 2015.
Ivan Dalla Costa